February 16, 2008

Being a Techer : a Great Choice and a Great Job


In this post, I wanna share you my reflection (not my experience) as a teacher. I have worked as a teacher especially for first grader since 2005 at Lazuardi GIS in Cinere, Depok. I often asked my students whether they wanna be a teacher or not. And, almost no one of them want to be a teacher. But I don’t know exactly why they don’t want to be. When I tried to elicit their reasons or some comments in their chit-chat, It’s so hard for them to give a specific one. After listening to my explanation about working as a teacher then one or two of them express their appreciation for this profession.

In my opinion, being a teacher or an educator is a great choice because most of people don’t want it and not all of people who want it are able to do it. Hmm….complicated! I don’t want to say that it’s not an interesting job or it’s a hard job. But, teacher as an important profession and education as a basic need haven’t got a great appreciation in this nation. I will not talk about that more because it’s so complicated for me. In here, I just want to recognize (to encourage) us as teacher to appreciate our job, we ourselves. First of all, we should thank to God because He has chosen us for this glorious task. By this, we have a great chance to take part in empowering the next generation, developing the new civilization and changing the world. Isn’t it a great job? You have decided to be a teacher and that’s your own choice. Never regret it and give your best job. Imagine, that you are investing a great thing for the future when it is not yours. But, you become an unforgetable man at the time and you are reminded of your merits. Congratulation and have a nice journey in creating a better life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aku saluut......
Tr.Binsan emang guru yang kreatif dan hebat!!!Aku g nyangka Mr. Binsan punya blog!Blognya keren....


Finnie 5-Plumbum

Binsan Siregar said...

Thank you Finnie, you are a smart and creative student too.